Back to list of courses
PPE Competent Person 13.03.2023
Personal Protection Equipment has to prevent users from risks and hazards in the workplace. With high quality of manufacturing conforming to standards and the correct usage of PPE, the correct and periodic check of the equipment is an important part of safety. The periodic inspections must be performed by a competent person. This course is designed to train instructors on how to gain the knowledge and skills to train others to be competent persons.
Upon completion of the course the participants:
- Know the occupational health and safety requirements, norms and standards according to the use of PPE,
- Have an overview about the rules and standards according to working at heights and they have also an overview about the important standards and rules of checking PPE,
- Know the different materials used for PPE and their characteristics,
- Know how to use the different equipment and are able to identify the main problems and defects while using and after using the equipment,
- Know how to use and check PPE soft goods for example harnesses, ropes, lanyards, shock absorbers, slings and hardware for example descenders, clamps and all equipment for which the manufacturers have given the clearance to be checked by a competent person,
- Know which equipment they are allowed to check and that they are not allowed to change, open, or repair PPE procedures.
- Reliable according to their delegated tasks,
- Experienced and knowledge in using PPE and working with PPE.
No expiration date (recommended refresher after 24 months)
08:00 13 March 2023
ul. Pomorska 30, 70-812 Szczecin