Working at Heights
The aims of this module are to give the participants the necessary basic knowledge and skills through theoretical and practical training to use basic PFPE and perform safe work at heights, alongside safe and comprehensive basic rescue from heights in a remote wind turbine environment.
Upon completion of this course delegates can:
- Know how the hazards and risks associated with working at height, specific to wind turbine generators,
- Understand current national legislation regarding working at heights,
- PPE identification, including identification of European/Global standard markings e.g. harness, helmet, lanyards etc.,
- PPE inspection, service, and storage of the relevant PFPE, e.g. harness, lanyards, vertical fall arresters and work positioning equipment,
- The use of the relevant PFPE, e.g. harness, lanyards, vertical fall arrest system and work positioning equipment,
- The correct identification of anchor points and correct ladder conduct,
- Safe evacuation and use of evacuation devices,
- Rescue situations in wind turbine generators and use rescue equipment efficiently.
- Valid health certificate.
12 participant maximum