The aims of this module are to give the participants awareness through theoretical and practical training to encourage positive Manual Handling behavior and perform Manual Handling activities in a safe manner in the wind turbine industry/environment, in accordance with GWO Manual Handling.
Upon completion of this course delegates can:
- Demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out work duties in a safe and sound manner in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic location,
- Identify aspects of their job tasks that could increase a worker’s risk of developing muscular/skeletal injuries,
- Demonstrate understanding of safe practices of Manual Handling, including the correct handling of equipment,
- Identify signs and symptoms of injuries related to poor Manual Handling techniques,
- Demonstrate a problem-solving approach to Manual Handling in a wind turbine environment,
- Demonstrate Manual Handling risk reduction techniques.
- Valid health certificate.
12 participant maximum