Slinger Signaller (SLS)
The aim of GWO’s Slinger Signaller training module is to enable the delegate to support and care for themselves and others while working with slinger signalling in the wind industry by possessing the required knowledge and skills to conduct assigned tasks safely and efficiently.
Upon completion of the course, the trainee will have achieved skills and basic knowledge about:
- Attaching and detaching the load to and from the crane lifting attachment.
- Initiating and directing the safe movement of the crane, including multiple slinger signallers during limited or blind lifts.
- Adhering to their role and responsibilities during the lift.
- Conducting visual pre and post inspection on lifting accessories and load.
- Handling of lifting accessories.
- Ensuring safe lift-off and lay down of the load.
- Slinging various types of load, based on weight, centre of gravity, shape and size.
- Carrying out generic routine lifts in accordance with the lift plan.
- Complying with instruction/procedures set up by the employer to manage lifting.
- Ensuring that equipment is properly used, maintained and defects reported.
Valid WINDA ID
6 participants maximum
English / Polish